Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gusbus14
Contributor II
Contributor II

Activate Object on Field Selection in Container

Hello,

I have two straight tables in a QlikView app, Object TABLE1 and TABLE2 (for example). I have these two tables in a container with tabs at the top. 

Table 1 contains summary level data, and table 2 contains more detailed data. I would like to be in table 1 and click on an expression value in a column and have it filter based on the dimensions of the table (which it already does) and flip to table 2 within the same container to see the details. I have tried use document properties > triggers with no success. I have read that there are issues with not being able to use actions within a container. 

It sounds like I will need to create a macro for this. But I am very new to QlikView and I haven't been able to find code online to create a macro that does this. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bharathadde
Creator II
Creator II

Instead of using container try to create two text-boxes or buttons and toggle two charts with triggers on text-boxes or buttons

for suppose on text box 1 triggers --> assign variable=1 and text box 2 triggers --> assign variable=2

then

put condition on layout of TABLE1 like below

=if(variable=1,1,0)

put condition on layout of TABLE2 like below, Fieldname is dimension you mentioned

=if(Getselectedcount(Fieldname)>0 or variable=2,1,0)

Hope this works for you

View solution in original post

1 Reply
bharathadde
Creator II
Creator II

Instead of using container try to create two text-boxes or buttons and toggle two charts with triggers on text-boxes or buttons

for suppose on text box 1 triggers --> assign variable=1 and text box 2 triggers --> assign variable=2

then

put condition on layout of TABLE1 like below

=if(variable=1,1,0)

put condition on layout of TABLE2 like below, Fieldname is dimension you mentioned

=if(Getselectedcount(Fieldname)>0 or variable=2,1,0)

Hope this works for you