Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevbrown
Creator II
Creator II

Access Issues

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy an app to a number of users but they're reciving the following error and can't access it -

"qlikview you do have permission to view this directory or page"

Why are my users receiving this and how can I stop it?

Thanks

Kev

10 Replies
srchagas
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

there a 2 options:

1- You application have a Session acess?  it's possible a Session Acess problem u must check if the name of the people in session it's correct try put corporate\Login_for_AD in session acess

2- They don't have acess by AD to see the aplication.

kevbrown
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Section access is being used.

AD?

srchagas
Creator III
Creator III

Probably is session acess

Try put Withoutcaps lock in Session acess

Example: COMPANY_NAME\User_Active_diretory_Name

OBS: AD ( Active Directory)

madhumitha
Creator
Creator

Hi Kevin,

Since the error message is about the Directory or Page, there is a high chance that the users dose not have access to the Active directory. Please check.

If the error msg reads "You do not have access to this document" then you can check the section access or the Document user access.

Thanks!

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Kevin,

Try putting an app without any section access in the same folder to ensure that the users can open that one successfully.

In this app add a text box to the main sheet with the code =OSUser() , this will show you the user name you need to have in section access.  It may differ from what you expect.

Section access can be picky about the case of values it is matching and field names.  Fields that you have in your section access table should all be upper case, this means the fields that match in the rest of the data-model must be also.

Be careful with * when matching in section access, this only matches other records explicitly referenced in the section access table, and not all values in the rest of the data.

Hope that helps.

Steve

kevbrown
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for your replies. I'm currently refreshing the document, it then has to be deployed by IT and hopefully then the User's will have access. I have noticed that when developing OSUSER() is in lower case but when deployed on the server it's UPPER CASE, not frustrating at all!!  Would a "/" cause any problems?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Yes, "/" is not a valid character for accounts, and the separator between directory and username must be "\", unless the OSUser() function would return otherwise.

kevbrown
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sorry I meant "\", my bad!

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The \ is essential when giving AD names.

I've had strangeness around building a Section Access table within the section access part of the script.  What I have found works consistently is building the table in a temporary table, doing a resident load into the section access and then dropping the temporary table.

I don't know how complex the load of your section access table is?