cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveDagg
Contributor II
Contributor II

AGGR in pivot tables for colour scaling

I’m attempting to implement a scaled colour formatting mechanism in Qlikview, similar to what you have in Excel. I’m very close to achieving this, but I’ve hit a problem

SteveDagg_0-1636729430921.png

You’ll be able to select a number of rows and a number of dates. Each row will be evaluated separately. If the value in a cell is near the average for that row, the cell will be coloured green. If it’s a lot higher than the average it’ll be red. And if it’s a lot lower it’ll be blue. I’m using background colour expressions on the pivot table expression to calculate the RGB values based on the maximum, minimum and average of all the values shown in that row, so you’ll get lots of shades in between.

This works OK in my prototype, where I’ve typed the values 118, 64 and 170 into the expression itself as the average, minimum and maximum values, but now I want it to calculate the max, min and avg of the current row and use these values to calculate the colours.

SteveDagg_1-1636729430926.png

As an interim measure, I’ve added an additional expression to calculate the average. Here’s what I’ve used:

= avg(aggr(avg(JourneyCount), ChargingStation, operator_code, service_code ))

It calculates the correct value, but it appears only in one column in the pivot table. So when I transfer this to the colour calculation expression, only one cell is coloured correctly.

SteveDagg_2-1636729430934.png

SteveDagg_3-1636729430942.png

I appreciate it may just be something very simple I’ve missed. Conversely, I may be attempting an impossible task!

Any pointers would be extremely welcome!

Regards

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You may try to add a NODISTINCT to the aggr() whereby I think it should also work without an aggr() but with a TOTAL statement within the calculation to ignore the dimensionality completely respectively with TOTAL <Dim1, Dim2 > certain dimensions of the chart.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Kasey001
Contributor
Contributor

Hola Disculpe encontró alguna solución tengo el mismo problema ya habilite las opciones de imprimir https://testmyspeed.onl/ a como se indicar y continua igual mi gráfico.

marcus_sommer

You may try to add a NODISTINCT to the aggr() whereby I think it should also work without an aggr() but with a TOTAL statement within the calculation to ignore the dimensionality completely respectively with TOTAL <Dim1, Dim2 > certain dimensions of the chart.

- Marcus

SteveDagg
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Many thanks for your assistance Marcus. This gave me the solution I was hoping for on the technical side of this. Incorporating this, I've managed to implement the feature largely as I'd envisaged. Obviously, it currently looks a little garish, I need to do some work on the expressions to choose the colours. But as far as calculating the max, min and avg exactly as I'd hoped, this very quickly sorted the problem.

Thanks again!

Steve

SteveDagg_0-1636982332531.png

SteveDagg
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Problem is sorted Kasey. Marcus told me to use NODISTINCT. Hope this helps you too!