Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

A

Hi All,

Is it possible to add another field to dimension other than the existing values of the column in the dataset. For example, I have attached a sample qvw . Here I have filters on the left side likie region, lsm_type , store_format. Now let us pick one filter say lsm_type : When I select only one region(values = inland, westerncape) and I do not select any value in store_format , the values include all the combinations of store_format. I want to include another field in the dimension store_format called no field selected, selecting which will give me results which are aggregated at only LSM_type filter and does not include store_format.

Do you guys have suggestions to implement this??

If it is not clear, please let me know.

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can use the function: NullAsValue [Field Name];

This will replace the nulls in your field with a zero-length string, making it selectable.  You could also replace the nulls in your entire application with something else:

SET NullValue = 'N/A';

NullAsValue [Field Name];

NullAsNull *;

Not applicable
Author

I just want to do it for one list box. So, can I add this as an expression , if not where do we add the function

Not applicable
Author

I do not see the NullAsValue function, the only function which is shown under "Null" category is IsNull

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I believe NullAsValue is script-side only.  Not sure if there is a way to accomplish what you want in the front-end.  Maybe somebody else has a tip?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Even on the edit script page, I tried to add this function but it does not recognise. Can you help?