Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

new document administrator cannot see reload tasks

I added a subfolder to the main sourcedocuments and assigned a user to be a document administrator so she could access the qmc to reload her documents on the server. When she goes into the qmc, she see no tasks. She does see the folders I gave her access to, but no tasks are listed. Is there some additional setting to make the existing tasks visible and runable?

This is QlikView  12.60.20100.0 with AD group authentication

Capture.PNG

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @daveatkins ,

Thanks for posting.

The issue might be the set up.

The tasks if created originally on SourceDocuments, when going to SourceDocuments\InPatientQuality even be a source folder you will not see the tasks linked to the qvws.

QlikView will recognized such as 2 different SourceDocuments as the SourceFolder is not the same and hence the under the QDS service you will see 2 main folders and when expanding them you will see the same qvw, one with a task and the other without it. 

You can simply copy the task details to the new SourceFolder (and SourceDocument) qvw and disable/delete the old task afterwards as needed.

I would not recommend this structure of Source Folders where you have sub folders of a folder, instead I would only use the folders that contains the qvw that needs to be reloaded. This way you also avoid QlikView to scan unnecessary files and improve performance of the QMC.

Same for Mounted Folders, then is when Access Point is super slow, as a huge number of files not needed are been scanned.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello @daveatkins ,

Thanks for posting.

The issue might be the set up.

The tasks if created originally on SourceDocuments, when going to SourceDocuments\InPatientQuality even be a source folder you will not see the tasks linked to the qvws.

QlikView will recognized such as 2 different SourceDocuments as the SourceFolder is not the same and hence the under the QDS service you will see 2 main folders and when expanding them you will see the same qvw, one with a task and the other without it. 

You can simply copy the task details to the new SourceFolder (and SourceDocument) qvw and disable/delete the old task afterwards as needed.

I would not recommend this structure of Source Folders where you have sub folders of a folder, instead I would only use the folders that contains the qvw that needs to be reloaded. This way you also avoid QlikView to scan unnecessary files and improve performance of the QMC.

Same for Mounted Folders, then is when Access Point is super slow, as a huge number of files not needed are been scanned.

Cheers,

Albert

daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

OK, I ended up just deleted the second sourcefolder and adding the user to admin the root. Not ideal, but better than previous approach which was to make them a QlikView Administrator on the whole server.

I do not understand your recommendation of not having sub folders. How else do you organize hundreds of dashboards across a company with many different departments and varying levels of user sophistication?

Albert_Candelario

Hello @daveatkins ,

I might not explain properly. My suggestion would be using only subfolders of a main path, like below:

C:\SourceFolder\Departments\A

C:\SourceFolder\Departments\B

C:\SourceFolder\Departments\C

C:\SourceFolder\Departments\D

But not the following:
C:\SourceFolder\Departments

C:\SourceFolder\Departments\A

C:\SourceFolder\Departments\B

As files scanned on (C:\SourceFolder\Departments\A & C:\SourceFolder\Departments\B) will be also scanned on C:\SourceFolder\Departments, hence you are introducing slowness on the system bu scanning the same files twice.

Finally, if the folder C:\SourceFolder\Departments\B has subfolder and there is a one dedicated one to qvw files, then I would add such folder as such folder, so no extra files are scanned by Qlik:

C:\SourceFolder\Departments\B\ETL

I hope is now more understandable. Otherwise, kindly let me know.

Also, the reference for the mounted folder as mentioned previously:

Slow AccessPoint loading times and Management Cons... - Qlik Community - 1710492

Cheers,

Albert