cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikiking
Contributor
Contributor

.net version

Hi, I have a lot of errors from .net runtime and  I upgraded the version of .net from  4.0.30319 to 4.5

but I still see in qmc about that the version is still old

How can you switch to a newer .net version?

thanks

Labels (3)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@mikiking  The version of .NET Framework (4.5 and later) installed on a machine is listed in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full.  Kindly verify  this will reflect the correct version.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-a...

View solution in original post

Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@mikiking   I have verified the .NET Framework for Qlikview  for 12.70.201 in about should be 4.0.30319.42000 which correspondes to 4.8.09037 in the Registry key.  I hope this helps.

Albert_Candelario

Hello @mikiking ,

Just for the record, the QlikSenseTask.exe is not an official support product of Qlik, besides that I would also suggest to post your issue at the developer repository.

GitHub - marcusspitzmiller/QlikSenseTask: Active - QlikSenseTask is a tool for starting Qlik Sense t...

Furthermore, it would be interesting to know when such error started to happened, was immediately after you have upgraded the .net?

I would also advise to run ProcessMonitor in case the antivirus could be playing a role here too.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

10 Replies
marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if this is directly possible. If - there would be anywhere within the settings.ini and/or another config-file a setting and/or there might be an registry-entries. Beside this your QlikView release might be too old for this .net version and you may running into any conflicts.

mikiking
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@marcus_sommer 

thank you !

this is my configuration You think I have some conflict with the versions ?

Product name QMS Backend Core x64
    Client Build Number 12.70.20100.0
    Target Platform x64
    QlikView Build Info release/QV12-70/36
  Machine Information

Operating System Version Win32_OperatingSystem=@ X64 (Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0)
    .NET Version 4.0.30319.42000
    Physical Memory 393215Mb
    Available Memory 381802Mb
Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@mikiking 

As per system requirements the .NET framework is 4.8 or higher if you are running Qlikview version 12.70 and if running version 12.60 its 4.72 and higher.  Currently this are the supported versions.  Most likely you will need to upgrade.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Product-Lifecycle/QlikView-Product-Lifecycle/ta-p/1826339

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2022/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/QVS...

mikiking
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Jill_Masinde I understand but how ? because I already installed .net version 4.8 but I still see in "about" that the version is 4.0.30319

mikiking_0-1674745821600.png

Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@mikiking  The version of .NET Framework (4.5 and later) installed on a machine is listed in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full.  Kindly verify  this will reflect the correct version.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-a...

Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@mikiking   I have verified the .NET Framework for Qlikview  for 12.70.201 in about should be 4.0.30319.42000 which correspondes to 4.8.09037 in the Registry key.  I hope this helps.

mikiking
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Jill_Masinde Hi yes you are right the version on the reg is 4.8.09037 thanks
You know maybe why I have so many errors in the event viewer 

mikiking_0-1674799404305.png

thanks

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@mikiking 

It looks like the .net error comes from QlikSense, do you publish to QlikSense?

mikiking
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Maria_Halley Hi 

Yes