cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

how to create Qlikview Publisher document administrators

I found several links about this and decades-old questions, but no clear step by step process. Reading the help at:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2022/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_PublisherDocumentAdmi...

We have given some users server administrator permissions so they can reload/republish their own dashboards to the access point. I want to remove them from that group and set them up as Document Administrators for the folders they are authorized to use. I want to do the minimal necessary so that these users are able to log on to the qmc and reload their dashboards manually without messing up anything else. 🙂

When I got to the QMC I find that no folders have been set up; we just have the document root. Do I need to...

have a local AD group on the QlikView server called "Document Administrators" in addition the the QlikView Administrators group? - is there anything to do outside of the qmc as a prerequisite?

can I just start adding folders or will this disrupt the current deployments? I don't want to create a new folder and have it change the urls for dashboards that are already deployed in those folders under document root.

Thanks

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @daveatkins,

Have a look at the Qlik Support article How to set up QlikView Document Administrators.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @daveatkins,

Have a look at the Qlik Support article How to set up QlikView Document Administrators.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

that page says:

Document Administrators can manage User Documents. They cannot schedule reloads or distributions.

So that sounds like this is not the right role for what I need? How do you set it up so users can reload their own documents on the server? They just need to execute the existing reload task in the qmc, not create, edit, change, etc. 

daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

the "problem" we have is that when someone set this up, they could not figure out how to do it, so they made the end user an administrator. I want to lock down the server. If I do that...then we will be asking users to open tickets in the helpdesk or paging engineers to have them click on the play button in the qmc.

daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

oops, sorry, reading further the page says how to configure the source document admins