Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maryam_1998
Contributor
Contributor

give access to a report for a user

hello everyone

I'm new in qlikview I'm trying to give access to some reports to someone in company and I don't know how to do it.

I know we need qlikview manager console but I don't know the way 😞

can anyone help me?

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @maryam_1998,

For a user to open a QlikView document on the AccessPoint, it is required that:

• There is a Client Access License (CAL) for the user (done in QlikView Management Console)
  • The user has access to the document (usually handled by Windows NTFS permissions)

Client Access Licenses

Do you know what type of CALs are used in your environment - Named User CAL, Document CAL, Session CAL, or Usage CAL? You can check in QMC > System > Licenses > QlikView Server > QlikView Server License to see what CAL types are provisioned in the license enablement file (LEF).

Named User CALs are assigned in QMC > System > License > QlikView Server > Client Access Licenses (CALs) tab. Click the General tab to see if Allow dynamic CAL assignment is checked. If it is, then any end user who opens the AccessPoint will receive a Named User CAL. If it is not check, click the Assigned CALs tab and follow Qlik Knowledgebase article How to assign and remove a Named CAL to assign your end user a Named User CAL.

Document CALs are assigned in QMC > Documents > User Documents > highlight the QVW file to that user needs access to > Document CALs tab. Follow Qlik Knowledgebase article How to assign a document CAL in QlikView Management Console? 

Authorization

For document access, check in QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Servers > QVS@ > Security tab > Authorization section to see what is configured - NTFS authorization or DMS authorization. Review Qlik Knowledgebase article How to manage QlikView document access for more details

If NTFS is selected, then follow Qlik Knowledgebase article How NTFS authorization works for details on how to configure and assign authorization to users.

If DMS is selected, then follow Qlik Knowledgebase article How DMS authorization works for details on how to configure and assign authorization to users.

Ping back if you have follow up questions.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @maryam_1998,

For a user to open a QlikView document on the AccessPoint, it is required that:

• There is a Client Access License (CAL) for the user (done in QlikView Management Console)
  • The user has access to the document (usually handled by Windows NTFS permissions)

Client Access Licenses

Do you know what type of CALs are used in your environment - Named User CAL, Document CAL, Session CAL, or Usage CAL? You can check in QMC > System > Licenses > QlikView Server > QlikView Server License to see what CAL types are provisioned in the license enablement file (LEF).

Named User CALs are assigned in QMC > System > License > QlikView Server > Client Access Licenses (CALs) tab. Click the General tab to see if Allow dynamic CAL assignment is checked. If it is, then any end user who opens the AccessPoint will receive a Named User CAL. If it is not check, click the Assigned CALs tab and follow Qlik Knowledgebase article How to assign and remove a Named CAL to assign your end user a Named User CAL.

Document CALs are assigned in QMC > Documents > User Documents > highlight the QVW file to that user needs access to > Document CALs tab. Follow Qlik Knowledgebase article How to assign a document CAL in QlikView Management Console? 

Authorization

For document access, check in QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Servers > QVS@ > Security tab > Authorization section to see what is configured - NTFS authorization or DMS authorization. Review Qlik Knowledgebase article How to manage QlikView document access for more details

If NTFS is selected, then follow Qlik Knowledgebase article How NTFS authorization works for details on how to configure and assign authorization to users.

If DMS is selected, then follow Qlik Knowledgebase article How DMS authorization works for details on how to configure and assign authorization to users.

Ping back if you have follow up questions.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!