Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
picturebox
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Using MacBook Air and the IE Plug-In

Hello,

our entire application runs via IE plug in. One of the users we have would like to use his MacBook Air. He was asking if any other browser other than IE would be able to run the plug-in. We are currently using 9 SR 7.  Can anyone advise what the best solution would be? We do not at the moment support any AJAX application.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Petra

Labels (1)
11 Replies
picturebox
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Sunil,

no, we did not find a direct solution to this. We are now working with a testsite using Ajax, but it is a bit complex because I don't want the user to have to go via the Access Point to find his document. We are still on Server 9 SR7. What I did find is that the Ajax access works quite well on Android Smartphones and Tablets, Apple and MacAir PC, but not well at all on iPhone and iPad. We haven't done this yet, but to suppot a decent Tablet or Amrtphone application you will need to tweek your app to avoid certain dropdowns and selection features. I think that's okay though since those technologies are primarily used for the quick KPI check rather than the indepth monitoring of data.

We will be moving to QV 11 hopefulls beginning of the year when most of my users on the server have finished their 2012 sales cycle year... users hate updates disrupting their process!

Best Regards,

Petra

suniljain
Master
Master

Hi Petrs,

Following solution is worknig in our case.

http://community.qlik.com/message/138678#138678

Regards;

Sunil