Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Server Bookmark -- How to migrate form 8.2 to 9.0 SR3 server

We would like to transfer our server bookmarks from our current 8.2 QV server to our new QV 9.0 SR3 server accesspoint. We have tried to copy the .shared file from one server to the next but it wont recognize the new file. You cannot export Server bookmarks, so we are at a loss of how to transfer BM's.

Thanks,

JS

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

JS,

I hope someone replies with a positive answer. We'd like to export them as well.

This post shows no resolution (working as planned) http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/20568/78995.aspx#78995

Tyler

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Tyler,

Our users rely on bookmarks (which in itself is both good and bad) and we have found no good way to transfer bookmarks from version to version. They are almost an after-thought to QV as far as upgrades go. We were able to figure out a way to transfer larger bookmarks but it takes time. We forced everyone to recreate the smaller bookmarks on the upgraded server. We had the luxury of having version 9.0 and 8.2 accessible at the same time. The support person that walked everyone through the exporting is gone on vacation, and I do not remember how we did it. If you would like that procedure let me know.

Thanks,

JS

Not applicable
Author

I am with you on the good/bad of bookmarks.

If you can easily share how the larger bookmarks were transferred, that'd be great to hear -- but don't let it be a burden.

I'm already starting to word the email to users -- your bookmarks are going away...

and then I won't answer my phone for a few days.