Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

Reference for QlikView coredump dmp ctxf variables ?

Hello,

On my QlikView server I have frequent crashes mostly based on bad developement of Apps.

But I would be happy to be able to find some precise root causes based on .ctxf files.

Is there a reference somewhere for the structure of the ctxf files ?

Here is one below, I would be happy to have more details about how i can use it to find which element of the document is bad

Thanks

[ContextInfo]
Integrity=2
NbrActiveRequests=1
ReloadRequestId=-1
ExclusiveBlock=0
DocSxLock=0x0000000000000001
Username=myusername
SessionId=1d63993f-47ff-470a-99fd-d8fdc70d327c
DocName=D:\DOCS\MYDOCUMENT.QVW
TenantId=default
[RequestInfo]
Integrity=3
OrderNumber=42555357
TargetPtr=0x00000299CD22C020
TargetHandle=0
Exception=0
Started=1
Finished=0
Method=ListBox::GetLayout
SubObjectPath=
IsInValidate=0
[GlobalInfo]
Integrity=1
MemOverload=0.00
MemGCDepletion=0.00
MemLoLimit=219901581721
MemHiLimit=247389279436
MemCommitted=148347781120
MemReserved=199062048768
NbrCores=28
GcPageFileUsage=148347781120
OomErrors=0
Errno=34
StrErr=Result too large
ShutdownCalled=0
HasMTHigh=0

Labels (1)
15 Replies
David_Friend
Support
Support

to do crash analysis we have to engage R&D, and they will not work with an unsupported version, please reference: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Product-Lifecycle/QlikView-Product-Lifecycle/ta-p/1826339

marcus_sommer

There are various measurements within Qlik to prevent server-crashes but they won't fetch each occurrence. Especially the server-objects and their storage within the shared-files is common cause for issues - which are not obvious by investigating the application with the desktop client.

For testing reasons you may remove the shared-file (after a BACKUP) and/or disabling server-objects and/or trying to repair the file (within the power tools are viewer and a repair-tool available).

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the link,

Unfortunately we have no immediate plans to migrate to a newer version .. 

And I understand no parameters of the  .ctxf are documented if only R&D can use them .. 

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Unfortunately, I have checked the settings and there are no server objects as we have denied them on this app. I have already seen that it may be the source of many issues.

I'll keep on testing this app.

marcus_sommer

I would look into the data-model and making sure that there are no synthetic keys and/or circular references. Further if there are any island-tables that they aren't used in the UI in an association against the normal data-model. Also reviewing all calculated dimensions - especially those with aggr() and the ones which aren't directly applied as object-dimension else anywhere in groups/labels/titles and so on.

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for these tips, I will look at those items in the document, the (quite small) document usually works fine and I haven't seen mistakes for the moment but there is something bad somewhere 🙂