Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

Reference for QlikView coredump dmp ctxf variables ?

Hello,

On my QlikView server I have frequent crashes mostly based on bad developement of Apps.

But I would be happy to be able to find some precise root causes based on .ctxf files.

Is there a reference somewhere for the structure of the ctxf files ?

Here is one below, I would be happy to have more details about how i can use it to find which element of the document is bad

Thanks

[ContextInfo]
Integrity=2
NbrActiveRequests=1
ReloadRequestId=-1
ExclusiveBlock=0
DocSxLock=0x0000000000000001
Username=myusername
SessionId=1d63993f-47ff-470a-99fd-d8fdc70d327c
DocName=D:\DOCS\MYDOCUMENT.QVW
TenantId=default
[RequestInfo]
Integrity=3
OrderNumber=42555357
TargetPtr=0x00000299CD22C020
TargetHandle=0
Exception=0
Started=1
Finished=0
Method=ListBox::GetLayout
SubObjectPath=
IsInValidate=0
[GlobalInfo]
Integrity=1
MemOverload=0.00
MemGCDepletion=0.00
MemLoLimit=219901581721
MemHiLimit=247389279436
MemCommitted=148347781120
MemReserved=199062048768
NbrCores=28
GcPageFileUsage=148347781120
OomErrors=0
Errno=34
StrErr=Result too large
ShutdownCalled=0
HasMTHigh=0

Labels (1)
15 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@fredericvillemi 

To analyze the dmp files you need to have access to the QlikView source code. So this is not something we can share.

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hmm I'm not talking about the big dmp files but just about the ctxf file where there are many clearly defined items.

I can see the name of the document and the user but what does "Result too large" means ? is it because of a bad chart ? is there a list of "Errno" ? does the "Method=ListBox::GetLayout" means the problem is a listbox ?

Thanks

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@fredericvillemi 

if you know that there are specific documents that causes the problem, you can use the document analyzer to do a "health check".

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/QlikView-Document-Analyzer-update-3-9/td-p/1519546

It is also useful to go through the QlikView Server event log. (check the verbosity you are using) 

marcus_sommer

It looked a bit like an attempt to influence the impact of these badly designed applications instead of fixing the root-cause and optimizing them or to re-design them.

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

I have an application which crashes the server and creates a dmp and a ctxf log. 

When it crashes, the ctxf log gives information about which user and which document (out of 100s) was the source of the crash. I would like to know more about the other parameters of the log (like errno or Result too large) to be able to find what I need to fix in the document. 

I have said that the server crashes because of bad devs. Sometimes it is obvious when i open the .qvw and i don't need to investigate to know what to fix. But sometimes, I can't find what has been done badly and I would be happy to use all existing logs to be able to know why the server is crashing.

I'm admin of the server and i don't develop all the documents. Some tricky bad devs are not always seen in testing and that's why I would be happy to avoid those crashes

And I must say that even if the development is not good on some apps, QlikView server should not crash and it should have some protections to avoid that .. finding how to finetune some apps may give a better image of our tools  🙂

David_Friend
Support
Support

@fredericvillemi what version are you on

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for those tips Maria,

in the event log i only have :

Notice Engine: Server aborted. Reason for restart: Internal inconsistency, type CPV, detected

What does Type CPV mean ?

Thanks

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello David

marcus_sommer

Here a listing of errors and possible treatments: Qlik Engine: Internal Inconsistency Errors - Qlik Community - 1734678