Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maxxium
Contributor III
Contributor III

Re: Updating Qlikview from November 2017 SR4

Thank you for your help. 

I have migrated Qlikview to the new server with the help of a temporary license. The access to the dashboards for end users is good and all the dashboards are as expected.

When I try to open a .QVD or .QVW file to update a dashboard, a warning is shown that I may only open files that are created by myself. 

Is this the moment to take the next step using the existing 'live production' license on the new server, and that the old server can not be accessed from now? 

Best regards,

Jorik

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@Maxxium,

Based on your description it sounds like you're trying to open a QVW file in QlikView Desktop. Is this accurate? If so, then then it seems QV Desktop isn't fully licensed and you are using the Personal Edition. In this case you would need to lease a license for QV Desktop from the QV Server. See article How To Lease A License From QlikView Server To QlikView Desktop Client.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@Maxxium,

Based on your description it sounds like you're trying to open a QVW file in QlikView Desktop. Is this accurate? If so, then then it seems QV Desktop isn't fully licensed and you are using the Personal Edition. In this case you would need to lease a license for QV Desktop from the QV Server. See article How To Lease A License From QlikView Server To QlikView Desktop Client.

Best Regards

Maxxium
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

With the help of the article am I able to get into the QVW and QVD file.

However am i not able to to save the QVW. An error says that access is denied.

The QVD file can not be opened in written mode it says.

Is this due to using the temporary license? I wonder when I need to move over and activate the old live license.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@Maxxium,

I don't believe so. Can you provide the exact steps you are taking when trying to save the QVW and post a screen capture of the error being returned? Thanks!

Best Regards

Maxxium
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have attached my steps for both the .QVW and .QVD.

With the .QVD am I able to load and then save it under a new file name. Seems solved then.

With the .QVD I still run into an error. 

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Maxxium,

Ideally you should open a new chat in the QlikView forum as this is a distinct and different issue than your original issue.

Regarding the reload of the QVD, are you using the STORE command in the load script? If yes, is STORE the last line of the load scirpt?

Regarding saving the QVW file, "Access to <filename.extension> was denied." is a Windows error, not a QlikView error. I did a Google search on the error and the below links were returned. Also, you may want to discuss this with your internal server team.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/-access-denied-or-other-errors-when-you-access-or-work-wit...

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-access-denied-folders-windows-10/

https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-11-fix-access-denied-error/

Best Regards

Maxxium
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Chip, I have opened a new topic to have the topics distinct. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Administration/Issues-after-migrating-Qlikview-to-a-new-serve...