Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramonarcusa36
Contributor III
Contributor III

Random behavior after automatic reload

Hi guys.

Let's suppose I'm surfing a QV Document using IEPlugin. After a while, my document gets reloaded because it's time for its automatic reload task. After reload is completed, my document is automatically updated and I can see new data, as expected.

After a few days of working with my document, there is something driving me crazy, because it seems like there are two kind of behaviors: 1) some days, my document gets frozen for a moment after reloading and data is automatically updated (some sort of "transparent" update), and 2) some other days my document closes and reopens itself after that reload.

When it closes an reopen, onOpen trigger gets fired. When it just updates data with no close-reopen, onOpen trigger doesn't get fired. And here comes my problem: I need to perform some onOpen actions.

Is there any way to control this? Can I force the document to always get closed and reopened instead of being just updated?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
jaibau1993
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi!

Maybe you can use "On Post Reload" trigger instead of / in addition to "On Open"

Regards,

Jaime.

ramonarcusa36
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi!

I've been running a few tests, and I think onPostReload trigger only fires for the user who reloads the document, I mean, only if I'm reloading in QlikView Desktop. If the document is reloaded on a QMC task, that trigger is not fired. Should it be? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your answer!

jaibau1993
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Ooops! You are right, "on post reload" does not work in Server.

As far as I know (not much because I have not faced this issue myself yet), people solved similar problems reloading files with QlikView Desktop and a batch file. Quite an ugly solution, in my opinion (and, in adition, you need to "waste" a CAL)

I don't know how to help you more, sorry. Hope someone will!

Regards,

Jaime.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

What controls this behavior is the Settings\Document Properties\Server tab\Refresh Mode when Document is Updated on Server and Client Refresh Initiation Mode settings, here is the Help for it:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Document_Proper...

If in the QVS resource Document tab settings you have the Allow only one copy in memory setting checked, then changing the Server refresh dropdown to the first option should achieve what you are wanting I believe.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.