Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Question regarding performance (App is slow in Webview)

Hello,

i realized that my application slows down a lot when using WebView. (Aside from webview it runs pretty smoothly)

First i thought it is due to the many variables/conditions i am using or my extensions.

Got about 20 variables conditions. In addition i am using different SVG maps. The SVG maps only run in webview.

Now for testing purposes i deleted all conditions, deleted the SVG maps, and yes, webview got a bit faster, but still relatively slow/unresponsive in comparision to the NON-web-view.

So now some questions:

1. Currently QV appears to be using only 1GB RAM of my system. Would it help to supply more RAM? (If yes, how can i do this - on my local system i have 8GB, only 3,5GB are used when my application is running).

2. If RAM is not the deciding factor - what is needed? A stronger processor?

3. If i have for instance 10 SVG maps, or 10 tables (...whatever) and i give them hide-conditions within the layout that they only are supposed to show up if the condition is fullfilled. Are the MAPs/Tables basically not loaded (therefore not using any RAM / Resources) or are they just hidden, so that their contents are updated despite being not visible?

4. As my goal is to speed up my application, i was reading the contents within following link: https://www.johndaniel.com/index.php/4-ways-optimize-qlikview-application-performance/

Particularly the following seemed to be of importance to me:

But what if you can’t put these changes in the script? Then try to utilize Set Analysis as much as possible. This is QlikView’s answer for the times that it can’t be avoided. Create flags or buckets in your script then refer to them in Set Analysis. The application will run much faster.

Actually i have never heard/read about Set Analysis. Can anyone maybe lead me to some source or give a short explanation what this is or how to set it up?

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Webview is always slow compared to the normal view. What version of IE is installed on your system? Perhaps a newer version will perform better.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

u can try this,

1. Currently QV appears to be using only 1GB RAM of my system. Would it help to supply more RAM? (If yes, how can i do this - on my local system i have 8GB, only 3,5GB are used when my application is running).----> System properties--Advanced tab---Performance settings---Advance tab--click on Change button and try to adjust ur ram seeings for local system.

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hello Daniel,

Based on what you said, you can't expect much from a machine with 8GB. Also bear in mind that processor is very important when redenring/calculating all charts. If you have complex expressions and maps, then this will affect the processor and RAM. Once calculated, RAM will be affected.

I would highly recommend you go over your expression and make sure you make them as simple as possible. There are plenty of techniques you can use. for example, putting as many of your calculations as you can in your script or as you mention using set analysis (although is not always the solution).

If you want to know more about set analysis, please follow this link: Set Analysis: syntaxes, examples

Juan

Colin-Albert

As a test, can you put the 10 SVG maps on separate tabs, and see if the performance is better switching between tabs rather than conditionally hiding the charts.

Can you use a calculation condition so the charts are only calculated when required?