cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bvrg2747
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview distribution is down without distribution service

We have installed QVS ,QMS and DSC in single node  environment.

After installation QDS and QVWS is showing is disconnected.

In server only QVS and QMS and DSC services are there and they running successfully.

We have applied QVS server license.

With out distribution service and publisher license, Why QDS and QVWS are down ?

I am new to the Qlikview,Please help me with solution.

5 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello,

Based on the description, your QlikView system has the following services installed:

• QlikView Server Service (qvs)
  • QlikView Management Service (qms)
  • QlikView Directory Service Connector (DSC)

You did not install the:

• QlikView Distribution Service (QDS)
  • QlikView WebServer (QVWS)

Generally, especially in a single node environment, all the above services are required. 

For context:

The QlikView Distribution service is required to be installed with a QlikView Server especially if you do not have a Publisher license. The QlikView Server cannot execute reloads by itself. It needs the QDS to schedule and to be able to launch QVB.exe engines which carry out reloads.

If you had a Publisher license, you could install the QDS on a different machine. This is not the case in your instance. 

The QlikView Webserver hosts the AccessPoint and is required for end-user access with any of our user clients. AJAX, Plugin, Mobile version of AJAX. Unless you plan to only use the Desktop Client and Open in Server or to use the .qvw files directly on disk, the WebServer is required. Note: You can replace it with IIS, if that is your intent. But then you will install the QlikView Settings Service, which will be configurable in the Management Service just like the normal QlikView WebServer.

If you do not install QDS or QVWS, the services will remain disconnected. The system will assume they should be installed. You will also lose reload functionality and end-user access for most of our clients. 

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
bvrg2747
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your replay.

I have a requirement like, Need to install qvs,qms,dsc services with out QDS.

Without QDS services, QDS is showing  disconnected.

But I have scenario ,not to show QDS server in the status of QMC services.

This is the special case requirement.

Can any one suggest how to achieve this ?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

You CAN remove it from the QMC by editing the QVPR and removing the Distribution Service from the DistributionService.xml table (for instance, by using the XML Database Viewer from the PowerTools).

SHOULD you do it? Not recommended.

At Qlik we will probably decide not to support such environments in case of problems.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

There is a Show Alert check box you can uncheck on the QMC\Status\Services tab for the QDS service which will keep the orange banner from appearing etc. in the QMC, that should basically do what you want in this case I believe and will not impact your support on things either.  Hopefully this may be a decent workaround for you in this use case scenario.

Here is QMC help on this area as well:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_Status_Services....

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
bvrg2747
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for all your suggestions