Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asr587
Creator
Creator

Qlikview Upgrade in Multi Servers

Hello @Chip_Matejowsky ,

As we have recently completed the Qlikview Upgrade to May 2022 Version in development server which is working as expected as of now.

And it's time to upgrade Qlikview in production but here the scenario is different for us ,as we have 2 production servers.

In one server, we have DSC,QDS,QMS services are present and in other server QVS,QVWS are present.

Here are my Questions ,

1.Do I Need to follow the same upgrade in procedure in both of the server which I did in dev server or is there any other approaches ?

2.Do I need to install the same set up (Did it in dev server) files in both the prod servers ?

Please help me on my questions and let me know if there are any other challenges ?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (6)
14 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @asr587,

I agree with @Maria_Halley When upgrading a QlikView Server installation, the DSC is automatically upgraded if it is already installed.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
asr587
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello @Chip_Matejowsky @Maria_Halley @Jill_Masinde ,

Urgent help needed !!!!

We have upgraded our prod environment yesterday successfully,I don't see any issues in qlikview environment but today morning we have some Nprinting reports in which Qlik entity reports are failing ,other nprinting reports are finished.

Below is the error for the Qlik entity reports :

WARN: error during report generation: Something report production failed

Finished content production

Failed generation of report 5f11777e-166a-43f8-b300-4d32697e9aa3 for user 6f9792c8-945c-4561-bd92-1ae20a921f94. ERROR: Something report production failed

I'm not sure why only Qlik entity reports are failing with this error.

Please help me quickly as users are waiting for the reports.

Thanks in advance.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @asr587,

If you need urgent help on an issue, you should open a case with Qlik Support.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
peterwh
Creator II
Creator II

Hello @asr587 ,

did you check that your NPrinting version is compatible with your installed QlikView version? Maybe you need to upgrade your NPrinting too.

QlikView May 2022 SR1 is supported since NPrinting May 2022 SR2 (Qlik NPrinting® Release Notes - May 2022 Service R... - Qlik Community - 1981918)

QlikView May 2022 SR2 is supported since NPrinting May 2022 SR4 (Qlik NPrinting® Release notes - May 2022 Service R... - Qlik Community - 2038775)

I did not find anything in the release notes of NPrinting May 2021 (every SR) that QlikView May 2022 is supported. So you need NPrinting May 2022 with the correct SR installed.

Kind regards

Peter

asr587
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello All,

Post upgrading to the latest version of nprinting ,all the reports are working.

Thanks.