Qlikview QDS Need Restart.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @rashmidehale,

Per the article I provided previously, this can occur when there are two active QlikView Management Services running concurrently and attempting to control the QDS.  You cannot have two QMS services active concurrently.

Regarding DR for QlikView, refer to the technical whitepaper attached, QV HA and Disaster Recovery.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

I wouldn't worry about it and just restart the service. Only if it happens more often I would check the various QlikView and OS logs to find a cause or at least some pattern.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @rashmidehale,

Do you have a specific question about the QDS status? Have a look at Qlik Support article QlikView Distribution Service shows "Need Restart" in the QlikView Management Console for more details on this status.

Best Regards

rashmidehale
Contributor
Contributor
Author

This is not normal restart of QDS,this happens when we do DR (disaster recovery) Failover to DR servers

it seems it somehow doesnt start QDS on failover servers

also when we Failback,again same issue on current servers

marcus_sommer

Maybe there is a timing-issue by starting the QlikView services too early before all necessary libraries/services from the OS are loaded completely or any similar stuff happens. Take a look for the auto-start type if it's on auto with delay.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @rashmidehale,

Per the article I provided previously, this can occur when there are two active QlikView Management Services running concurrently and attempting to control the QDS.  You cannot have two QMS services active concurrently.

Regarding DR for QlikView, refer to the technical whitepaper attached, QV HA and Disaster Recovery.

Best Regards