Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KenAdams
Creator
Creator

Qlikview Licence Lease Error in Qlikview Desktop

Hi All,

I am trying to Lease Qlikview licence but when i tried connecting to the server  "Failed to reach to the server, switching to the https tunnelling, connected to the server Ok, negotiation timed out " error i checked the port 4747 is opened on my machine as well as on server, other users are able to lease licence without any error, please help as its urgent 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @KenAdams,

Yes, most likely this is related to the Windows user profile. The license lease process must be able to access %Users%\<username>\AppData\Roaming\QlikView\Settings.ini to add necessary entries to the file.  So based on the symptoms you’re describing and the steps we have suggested that so far haven’t worked, the Settings.ini file isn’t getting updated correctly it seems.

One other thing you can try is recreating this file by renaming the current Settings.ini file and then launching QV Desktop so a new file is created, then try to lease license. Not sure if this will work or not, but it is a good step. If not, create a support case.

Best Regards 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

33 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @KenAdams,

QlikView License Lease functionality utilizes the QlikView Protocol (QVP) and communicates over port 4747. The error "Failed to reach to the server, switching to the https tunnelling, connected to the server Ok, negotiation timed out " is most typically associated with port 4747 being closed on the client computer.

Please ensure that the computer running the QlikView Desktop client has port 4747 open.  Refer to the following Qlik KB articles:
Troubleshooting QlikView License Lease Issues 
How To Check Open Ports Using PowerShell 

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
KenAdams
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Chip,

I have checked, port 4747 is open on clients machine but still the error, is there any different solution for this issue?

Albert_Candelario

Hello @KenAdams,

If you are doing an Open in server, you could try a different approach.

Open the Access Point via the QlikView Desktop and open a app afterwards.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Albert_Candelario

Option 2 mention here - How To Lease A License From QlikView Server To Qli... - Qlik Community - 1710251

KenAdams
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

We checked using both the options, and this issue is with the new users only who are 1 st time trying to lease a license, we have never encountered with this issue before

Albert_Candelario

And is this second option working?

What version are you using of QlikView?

Cheers,

Albert

KenAdams
Creator
Creator
Author

Nope, second option is also not working, we are using Qlikview 12.7

Albert_Candelario

What error does it give the 2nd one, then they cannot access the Access Point from their machine?

Cheers,

Albert

KenAdams
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

For the second option we are getting "navigation to the webpage was cancelled" error