Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kinchungfung
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview DSC did not respond to request. "The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (262144) has been exceeded."

Hi all,

My QMC is showing this error "DSC did not respond to request. The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (262144) has been exceeded" when I clicked System>License>Qlikview Server. 

I have already increased "MaxReceivedMessageSize" properties to 26214400 in both QMS and DSC config file but the error is still occurred. 

FYI: We have 1762 NamedCALs.

Attached with error screenshot. Please advise.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I assume it worked for some time before you got this error. This  would mean that the system was in general be working and now something has changed. Therefore the question was anything changed within the QlikView environment? If not the most likely reason for such an issue would be that something changed to your OS and/or your authentication-system.

Before looking on the above I suggest to make a restart of the QlikView machines and also on the machines which provides the authentication just to exclude any temporary stuff.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I assume it worked for some time before you got this error. This  would mean that the system was in general be working and now something has changed. Therefore the question was anything changed within the QlikView environment? If not the most likely reason for such an issue would be that something changed to your OS and/or your authentication-system.

Before looking on the above I suggest to make a restart of the QlikView machines and also on the machines which provides the authentication just to exclude any temporary stuff.

Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@ Kinchungfung  Did the restart help resolve this issue? Restarting of both QMS and DSC config  is necessarily for the change to take effect.

kinchungfung
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi all, Yes, I have restarted both services and it did not take effect.