Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mr__dhar
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView migration 11.2 to 12.4

We are migrating 11.2 SR 13 to 12.4.

1.After installation we have copied and changed QVPR folder. All tasks are now showing on QMC. I didn't change QVPR.ini file. Do we need to change this .ini file from old machine? What is the impact, if i  do not change?

2. Is it require to copy and replace settings.ini file? I am getting error after replacing the setting.ini file from the old server "Error 1053:The service didn't respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion". Everything working fine if i keep the settings.ini file which was created by default during  server installation.

3. Mount point folder list is not showing after upgradation .Any idea? I can add manually but how it will come automatically after migration.

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Review the following Techspert presentation, should have everything you need:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Support-Techspert-Thursdays/STT-Worry-Free-Migration-for-QlikView...

The .ini file is fine, I do not replace it, and the Settings.ini is fine, but you will have to re-enter your folder mounts, as how else are they going to get there?  The other option is to copy paste the folder mounts from the old settings.ini to the new settings.ini and restart the QVS service, that should work as well.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.