Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marl
Contributor
Contributor

QlikView: Server Operation System update

Hi All, I have un issue on server migration I hope you can help me.

We have a server within “QlikView x64 Personal Edition” to manage .qvw files and services (QlikView Server, Web Server, Distribution Service, … ) to share them with my small team (15 CALs in total).

We have been asked to upgrade Operation System of the server (let me call it ServerA).

System Admins have created a server clone (ServerB). ServerB is equal ServerA excluding IPs addresses and OS. I have tested ServerB and Personal Edition worked.

Few days ago  we stopped everything, System Admins switched IPs addresses and restarted ServerB. All seemed fine excluded  Personal Edition. It was not possible to open .qvw files (and reload them).

Error message: ”Your installation of QlikView has exceeded the maximum number of document recoveries allowed for a Personal Edition licence. To continue using QlikView you will need to purchase a full Qlikview licence. Please contact …”

Why? I don’t want to buy a licence. What we did wrong?

Moreover I decided to roll-back to ServerA. System Admins stopped ServerB, switched again IPs, restarted the servers. Result: now in ServerA Personal Edition doesn’t work, but it works in ServerB ☹. Why?

May anyone help me and explain how to do?

Thanks a lot for any information, suggestions

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Why working with a “QlikView x64 Personal Edition” - it's not suitable within a productive environment else aimed for single users which wants to learn the tool and playing a bit with data which might too complex and too large to work with them in Office or PowerBI or similar tools.

Are you really sure that there is no development CAL within your licences-package? I suggest to check your contracts and documents carefully. Beside this it should be possible to lease a licence from your server:

How-To-Lease-License-From-QlikView-Server-To-QlikView-Desktop 

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Why working with a “QlikView x64 Personal Edition” - it's not suitable within a productive environment else aimed for single users which wants to learn the tool and playing a bit with data which might too complex and too large to work with them in Office or PowerBI or similar tools.

Are you really sure that there is no development CAL within your licences-package? I suggest to check your contracts and documents carefully. Beside this it should be possible to lease a licence from your server:

How-To-Lease-License-From-QlikView-Server-To-QlikView-Desktop 

- Marcus

Marl
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Marcus,
thanks a lot for your suggestion. I'm investigating on development CAL, but it has been installed some years ago and from people not more  working for my company. Cross fingers.
Regards

Marl