Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

QlikView Server Installation Fails With Error 1722

Hi,

Received an error when installing QlikView server and couldn't find reference to it on Community, so here it is in case anyone else hits the same problem. Solution below.

On a clean server build I received an error 1722 shortly after specifying the user account to use for services. The following was found in the Windows event log:

Product: QlikView Server May 2023 SR1 -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action QustomSeServiceRights, location: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI4F51.tmp, command: -u .\qlik.admin +r SeServiceLogonRight

This is a standard Windows error, so there are a few references to it in relation to other products, but very little relating to QlikView. Many of the issues relate to the user account not having Log On As A Service as a role, so I checked that this was set, logged out, and retried. Still the same.

In the end I ticked the box to not specify the service account during the load and installation went through fine. I then just had to manually set the account and password on all of the services after installation completed successfully.

I've had to do this for some other issues in the past, such as user accounts with weird characters in the name and no access to the domain controller during install, but this was a new one on me.

Hope that having this post here helps someone else out if they get a 1722 error.

Cheers,

Steve

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yep - known issue, happen to me few times as well. It is actually good that you posted about it as from time to time I hit the same problem, do try & error few times and then realize that yeah, last time I had to do the same thing 😄

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yep - known issue, happen to me few times as well. It is actually good that you posted about it as from time to time I hit the same problem, do try & error few times and then realize that yeah, last time I had to do the same thing 😄

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.