Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krishnamajhi
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikView Reload tasks failing "Document open call failed. The document might require username and password"

Hi Team,

I am still using QlikView 12.1 and we are in process to move to 12.5. 

We use QlikView Publisher to reload tasks. Recently many jobs are started failing randomly with below error message. A sample message is attached. We have excluded the antivirus scanning for \\prdserv\QLIK\ also this file is not having section access.

Any suggestion how to debug this issue.

"The task "MPP\2.QVDGen\Q_003_CC_QGN_04.qvw" failed. Part of the log file follows:

3/14/2021 6:28:47 AM   Error     Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.

3/14/2021 6:28:47 AM   Error     The document failed to open.

3/14/2021 6:28:47 AM   Error     Document could not be opened

3/14/2021 6:28:48 AM   Error     The task "MPP\2.QVDGen\Q_003_CC_QGN_04.qvw" failed. Exception:

QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.FailedDocumentCheckoutException: Failed to check out document with path: \\prdserv\QLIK\QlikviewPRD\SourceDocs\MPP\2.QVDGen\Q_003_CC_QGN_04.qvw

at QDSMain.AbstractReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.AbstractReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(CurrentExecutionArgs args)

"

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@krishnamajhi,

Here is an article with different errors and causes for task reload failures.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-many-reload-engines-QVB-to-allow-in-an-environment/...

This is also a very good article. I think you should try the steps in the "windows limitations" section.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-many-reload-engines-QVB-to-allow-in-an-environment/...

Since I haven't seen any logs etc. I don't know if this is the issue, but since it works for a while and then stops it could be.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

Hi,

This error is a generic error when the document can't be open. It is commonly caused by resource issues on the server

see

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/QlikView-Publisher-Task-Failing-With-Error-Error-Docume...

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @krishnamajhi,

In addition to Maria's excellent post, this same error you're experiencing was recently addressed in this forum in thread https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Administration/Tasks-on-access-point-failing-all-of-sudden-Er....  In this customer's issue, the error message was mitigated by rebooting the QlikView Server/Publisher.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
krishnamajhi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am still struggling to find the issue. Every time I restart the QDS it runs fine for 8 to 10 hours. then it starts failing task randomly and it happens more frequently.  I did check the performance check and found CPU and RAM utilization normal. Let me give a quick overview of the servers and QV services we have. 

QV12.1 with IIS server and repository is xml

Server1: Runs QVS, QVWS, DCS service with (CPU utilization 20 to 30 %, RAM utilization 50 to 70% ) .  its D drive store all the QVW and QVD  (8 CPU and 40 GB RAM)

Server2:  Publisher (DCS, QDS, QMS service) (CPU utilization goes 20 to 80%, average 40%, RAM utilization 20 to 40% only) 12 CPU and 24 GB RAM.  Max no of engine for distribution is set to 7 only.

Server3: We do have NPrinting to distribute the reports which connects to Server1.

Question 2: If we scheduled run more than 7 tasks the it should the tasks should go to QUEUE mode, why its getting failed.  

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@krishnamajhi,

Is the QDS service itself actually crashing?  Or are you referring to QDS tasks beginning to fail?   If tasks are beginning to fail, can you post a task log for review?  It may be that the failing tasks are waiting for 45 minutes for a QVB engine - see article Reload task is ignored / not triggered with error "No QlikView Engine was available after waiting fo... 

Suggest that you upgrade your QlikView Server/Publisher environment to a supported version so that you can reach out to Qlik Support for assistance.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@krishnamajhi,

Here is an article with different errors and causes for task reload failures.

This is also a very good article. I think you should try the steps in the "windows limitations" section.

Since I haven't seen any logs etc. I don't know if this is the issue, but since it works for a while and then stops it could be.

krishnamajhi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Maria_Halley  Thanks for sharing the URL. Indeed the article has focused most of queries I had. I had done few tunings and keep observing.   

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

Hi,

I was just curious if the tuning you have done have helped with you issus?

Maria

krishnamajhi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sorry for late revert. 

I am still seeing failures QMC. After restart it goes good till next 6 to 12 hrs. Then suddenly all the task reloads takes time and also starts failing. During the failure I do monitor the CPU utilization is till not reaching 70% and memory utilization is very low.

let me know if any specific logs I can provide. The failure of task are random only. 

krishnamajhi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi All, The QVS and QVP servers are quite stable. I had to keep the DW schema stats update regularly now.  But still I do see qvp.exe are getting increased slowly, because of this I need to restart the QDS every 3 days.

What could be the cause qvp.exe are not getting terminated automatically?