Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Didgeriwho
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

QlikView Font Issue in UI (not in reports/sheets but the Qlik UI itself)

Hi,

I am hoping another user may be able to assist here. So far, Qlik support have been unable to resolve this issue. I have tried clean installs of various revs of Qlikview but I have the same issue regardless of rev. I currently have 12.50.20100.0 installed.

I have, what I think must be an environmental issue, where some of the fonts and forms in Qlik are not displayed correctly. For example, on the load script form, all of the tab names are in bold, as is the text on each of the buttons (please see attached file edit_script.jpg). Another example is on the number tab when viewing the properties of a chart. Here it is particularly bad because the form cannot be resized. As a result, nothing fits correctly (please see attached file number_tab.jpg).

Has anybody else encountered this and resolved it?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
  • Other

5 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello @Didgeriwho ,

Thanks for posting.

I have not seen this before and would be interesting to know what is the OS used in your computer or server.

Also, is this only impacting you or you have other peers experiencing the same.

Cheers!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Didgeriwho!
I looked at the case you had with my colleague @Jon_B and it looks like we were waiting for you to compare the list of installed fonts with one that was provided by him. Were you able to do that? Thanks!

Daniele

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Didgeriwho
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thank you both for replying and for your time.

MY OS is Windows 10 Enterprise, OS build 19044.1586

I have now compared my fonts against those in the file supplied by Jon and can confirm I have all but 2 of them. The 2 missing fonts are highlighted in the attached "2_missing_fonts.jpg" Are either of those fonts used within Qlikview?

Thanks again!

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Didgeriwho,
then it's difficult to determine, those two fonts should not be relevant. Maybe some corrupt fonts? Or something corrupt in your Windows profile? In that case it might be worth trying to recreate it.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Didgeriwho
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi @Daniele_Purrone 

I have created a new profile and still the problem persists. I also do not think it is down to corrupt fonts, unless Qlik is using fonts that no other app is using. Qlikview is the only place where the issue presents itself. Even in Qlik it is only present on certain screens/buttons (e.g. the numbers tab in chart properties, the tab titles and all buttons in the bottom section of the screen in the load script editor).

I do not have the time to reinstall Windows (my last ditch attempt) yet so I will just have to put up with it until then.