Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leeeoonling
Contributor II
Contributor II

Possible to create a task in the QMC that runs on the success of another task BUT only if the date is Monday?

Hi,

The task will run if and only if:

• Another task successfully runs.
  • If the day is Monday.

I can't seem to be able to create a set of triggers in which it matches the conditions I highlighted above.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

2 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

I believe we do not have any task dependent triggers with a day option to check on QMC. You need to do a work around in your script. Like if the task1 is successful then task2 will start reloading. So in your task2. qvw file write an if condition like

IF WeekDay(Today()) = 'Mon' then

All your load scripts statements here

ENDIF

Exit Script;

So you can try something like this.

vicn1390
Contributor II
Contributor II

I think it can be archived with "On multiple events completed" trigger.

At first you need to create a task that will only work on Mondays. It might be a real task or something like a reload of an empty dummy application. It doesn't matter but the task should have as low chances to fail as possible. Set "Start at" time slightly before the approximate completion time of your real everyday task. For example if everyday task finishes at 3 AM then set start time of this task to 2 AM.

Then create this new task you want and choose "On multiple events completed" trigger.

In "Task completed" section add two "Task Finished Trigger": 1 - the newly created task, that only runs on Mondays; 2 - the task after which this new task should start.

Choose appropriate amount of minutes in "Time constraint" field. So our task will run only when both task selected in "Task completed" section are successfully finished and less minutes have passed then entered in "Time constraint" field.

Victor.