cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dawgfather
Creator
Creator

New install of QlikView not prompting for recovery

I recently replaced my laptop and installed QlikView the same way I did a few years ago - same version and even tried newer versions.

Normally I'd try to open one of my old files and I'd be prompted with a "recovery" option. When I look in the Help data, it shows 4 "PE recoveries remaining" - confirming that I have not used any...but I never get the prompt that I even have the recovery option. I get a "failed to load".

Does anyone have any idea how to "force" a recovery? I have tried uninstalling, cleaning up the registry, copying my AppData/Roaming/QlikTech from older computer, the ApplicationRescue and ScriptRescue and loading with /nodata...all those options for all the posts I have found but still no luck.

Can anyone help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

You will need to have a license at this point to recover the file. 

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

You will need to have a license at this point to recover the file. 

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.