cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patekro
Contributor
Contributor

Move QMS to another server

I've tried to move QMS on another machine as described here.

How to move the QlikView Management Service to a n... - Qlik Community - 1714113

Now new QMS is able to manage all services on old machine except QVS.

status = running
DSC@old_server
LicenseService@old_server
QDS@old_server
QVWS@old_server
QMS@new_server 

status = disconnected
QVS@old_server 

I've check port 4747 in both directions - telnet makes contact. I was able to create a task with the new QMS and distribute on QVS@old_server.  However, when I've added another QVS as QVS@new_server and created a task to distribute there, then distribution failed as QVS@new_server was not available.

Somehow connections QMS@new_server -> QDS@old_server -> QVS@new_server do not work.
Can you help with this?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@patekro 

You should not do this in steps, that makes it more complicated. You also have to make sure that you are keeping the nodes with the boundaries of your license. 

Are you moving all services to a new server or are you adding nodes?  I think what you need to do is to go back to the QVPR from before any changes and follow the migration instructions. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/QlikView-Migrating-to-a-different-machine/ta...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@patekro 

Did you move the QVS too? You mention that the old QVS shows disconnected and you are trying to  publish the a New QVS?

patekro
Contributor
Contributor
Author

My intention was to make a transition in steps:

1. QMS@old_server  -> QMS@new_server 

2. Add QVS@new_server   having 2 QVS system as QVS@old_server  + QVS@new_server    

3. remove QVS@old_server   

After the first step QMS@new_server could not contact QVS@old_server  and after step 2 yet QDS@old_server could not contact QVS@new_server 

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@patekro 

You should not do this in steps, that makes it more complicated. You also have to make sure that you are keeping the nodes with the boundaries of your license. 

Are you moving all services to a new server or are you adding nodes?  I think what you need to do is to go back to the QVPR from before any changes and follow the migration instructions. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/QlikView-Migrating-to-a-different-machine/ta...

patekro
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks your replies.

I've verified my license with Qlik account manager - it should be ok to have several QVS nodes.

Are you moving all services to a new server or are you adding nodes? - I've got old_server_1(QMS, QVS, QVWS) and old_server_2(QDS) and I need to migrate only old_server1 to a new server. As a result I see that old_server_2@QDS could not connect to new_server@QVS when distributing a document.   

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@patekro 

Since this is a full migration of the Server I urge you to use the migration document and migrate the whole node.