Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BernardoTali
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

It is possible to configure a trigger within a task to allow the task to run in the event of a failure?

How can I set up a trigger in case the task fails?

Hello, is it possible to configure a trigger within a task to allow it to run in the event of a failure? Alternatively, is there a potential solution for failure?

I have some tasks that need to run every day, but occasionally, they fail. Hence, I'm looking for a setting within the QMC that enables the task to be rerun in case of failure.
Sorry for my poor english but im triying to do my best.
God bless.

Labels (1)
  • Other

3 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Not natively.  You can do this with Qlik Sense natively. 

THinking creatively, you could try setting the ErrorMode to 1 in the QlikView reload scripts and then at the end of the script count the  scripterrorcount 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2023/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/ErrorVa...

if the scripterrorcount > 0 you can do use an execute statement with EDX to trigger the reload of another 'trigger app' which only reloads when the script fails... and then trigger the reload based on the trigger app. 

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@BernardoTali 

You can add a second trigger, that triggers on failed task from the first run. 

Chose the trigger type "on event from another task."

marcus_sommer

In the most cases it's not the task which caused a failure else the load failed - usually by missing  or unavailable fields/tables/sheets/files and/or data. All of it could be checked of their exits before the real access is executed whereby the use of the ERRORMODE is a rather less desirable method and reacting on errors and not avoiding them.

Regardless how the data or the errors are checked you may include the logic within if-loops which are repeating the job n times after n seconds and/or skipping the part and/or branching in any alternatives.