cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timothyj
Creator
Creator

In Desktop "All Expressions Disabled"

I have a new employee. I am trying to give him access to an app for his department. For some reason when he opens the app in the Desktop Software, nothing is showing, and it says "All Expressions Disabled." Nothing in the List Boxes. It works fine from the Access Point. There is no Section Access or anything on the App. Everybody else is able to access it just fine. I have never seen this before and Googling is not showing me an answer. We are on Version 12.40. Coincidentally, his software is being updated tonight.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
timothyj
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you everybody! We fixed it.

For future reference: It was open in server in the software. No data was loading. Access Point browser worked fine. He had a user license. 

The problem, and I should have checked this, was they tried to map it. And they used qvp://xxxx.company.net/.... It is actually qvp://XXXX.company.net/...  The lowercase server was how the old server was named. No idea how the app even opened for them. 

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @timothyj,

First thing I suggest is ensuring that the build version of employee's QlikView Desktop client match that of the QlikView Server.  If the employee opens the same QVW from the AccessPoint, does he get the same message? 

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@timothyj 

Is the user using "open in server" to open the document? 

I you save out the document on disk, can he open it then?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @timothyj : is the employee opening the app locally, or with Open in Server? 
Is the Destkop Client licensed?

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
timothyj
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you everybody! We fixed it.

For future reference: It was open in server in the software. No data was loading. Access Point browser worked fine. He had a user license. 

The problem, and I should have checked this, was they tried to map it. And they used qvp://xxxx.company.net/.... It is actually qvp://XXXX.company.net/...  The lowercase server was how the old server was named. No idea how the app even opened for them. 

Thanks again!

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Thanks for the follow up @timothyj. I'm glad you were able to figure it out!

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @timothyj , glad you could solve this. Was the case the only difference? That shouldn't have a role, I'll test this for a possible defect.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
timothyj
Creator
Creator
Author

That was it. I do have screen shots to compare. My IT guy who runs the server said it should not be an issue either, from a server standpoint. I can open it with the first 4 letters uppercase and lowercase and it will work either way. It made a huge difference to this one user, however.  I double checked the screen shots of the path. 

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Thanks!

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

I tried to reproduce the behaviour, and could not. All is fine on my side. Glad that you could solve the issue, at least!