Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huiying
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How to delete a document from user document in qmc?

Hei,

I accidentally published a document to wrong path, then it landed to the root of cluster, outside of 'user documents'. See picture.

Now I fixed the task, the newly published document goes to the correct place.

The remaining question is, how to delete the one generated by mistake? I didn't find the document from server as well...

Capture.PNG

I studied the previous posts, but couldn't figure out a good solution to solve my problem. Thus, asking for help!

Best regards,

Susan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Remove the document from the path, and it will disappear from the QMC.
If there is any CAL assigned to the document, make sure to remove them before deleting it.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't remove it from the QMC. You have to delete (or move) the .qvw file from the file system.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Remove the document from the path, and it will disappear from the QMC.
If there is any CAL assigned to the document, make sure to remove them before deleting it.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
preetu1791
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

i've moved the file from the path and also renamed the file...but still duplicates are available in QMC  and it is not being removed

preetu1791
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Also i'm not getting delete option to remove it..sometimes i get an alert object reference is not set