Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sri_Nandhini
Contributor
Contributor

Data retrieval from QlikView Dashboards

Hi guys,

I tried to pull data for a particular time frame from QlikView Dashboard in access point . No matter what time frame is selected its taking longer time to extract data in excel format. Is this an Access point issue or browser issue.? I tried in both chrome and IE but the results are same. I did not face this issue before. Since ever i restarted my PC, retrieving data from that dashboard is consuming time. Could anyone provide me the solution.?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@Sri_Nandhini Your best bet is to run network trace on things via the web browse developer tools to see if that will provide any additional insights.  The way things work is the QVServer has to generate the export file server-side, then that is passed to the web server which then pushes it to your client, so it could potentially be a lot of different things, need to narrow them down by ruling different pieces out etc.  Hopefully this gets you on the right path.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@Sri_Nandhini Your best bet is to run network trace on things via the web browse developer tools to see if that will provide any additional insights.  The way things work is the QVServer has to generate the export file server-side, then that is passed to the web server which then pushes it to your client, so it could potentially be a lot of different things, need to narrow them down by ruling different pieces out etc.  Hopefully this gets you on the right path.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.