Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjshukla
Contributor
Contributor

Dashboard Refresh time increased after migration of Qlikview servers on-prem servers into a cloud provider

We have migrated our Qlikview servers on-prem servers into a cloud provider and since the migration we have noticed that the dashboards are taking much longer to refresh.

We have already increased the RAM and CPU, also moved the server to SSD storage but this has not resolved the issue.

Could someone help me in understanding the bottleneck as some dashboards are taking double the time.

Labels (1)
7 Replies
deepanshuSh
Creator III
Creator III

As I understand that you have migrated to the cloud for your qlikview, so what data source are you using for getting the data, is it a flat file, SQL database or another server like SAP or something else. Because what appears to me is the issue of increase in the latency of the data transfer, which you can easily check using simple commands in the command prompt of that qv server. Also, have you checked for the latency before doing the migration?

Trial and error is the key to get unexpected results.
sjshukla
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi deepanshuSh, 

Thank you for your response.

We are mainly using qvds to pull our data and also have some queries on SQL database, before Migration of the servers we had no issues it is only after migration we are having this issue of increased reload time. We have also moved our SQL database to cloud so its the same environment. Could you please guide me on how to check for latency or do you see any other bottleneck.

Regards,

Seenu 

deepanshuSh
Creator III
Creator III

For checking latency, just open cmd and type ping (Your Server IP) and you will see the result with latency and other values. The QVDs are being daily refreshed through some data sources? or you are just loading the historical data?

First check the latency of the server on which the qlik is present currently and then check the latency for the SQL server.  Had you checked for the latency before doing the migration  or do you have the results for the POC of cloud migrated qv/qs?

The main issue arises just because of the latency, I too had to go through rigorous trials before actually resolving the latency issues when I migrated the QS from on premise to aws.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@sjshukla 

A good place to start is to compare a task log from the old server to a task log, for the same task, from the new server.

This will show what operation is taking longer, so it can give a hint on what is different.

sjshukla
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you deepanshuSh,

The qvd's are generated daily mainly from SQL databases and then these are used our main dashboards but even after using qvd's it is taking time.

I will investigate the latency issue,

Thanks,

Seenu

deepanshuSh
Creator III
Creator III

So the time that has been increased is of the loading from QVDs or are you referring to the complete process. Also, Maria's Suggestion is noteworthy, as it will showcase what is changed in terms of duration of the load.

Secondly, is the storage for qvds local within the same cloud server or is it present in another server?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @sjshukla,

In addition to the task log that Maria suggested, you may also get some good information regarding the time to load the data from the document log of the QVW associated with the reload task. If document logging is enabled, it will be stored in the same directory in which the QVW file is housed. If document logging is not enabled, you will need to open the QVW file in QlikView Developer, click Settings > Document Properties > General tab and ensure the Generate Logfile checkbox is ticked. Then run the reload task so that the document log is generated.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!