Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olks
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

DSC Error after establishing a DR Server

Hi Guys,

Recently our team have created a DR server and duplicate the current QlikView Server to it.

We have successfully restore all the QV services back to normal using PowerTools.

When we try to execute the task, it keep prompting the error 

Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. || Parameter name: stringToUnescape ||    at System.Uri.UnescapeDataString(String stringToUnescape) ||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.GetFileName(SourceDocumentFileName fileNameUrl) ||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) ||    --- End of inner exception stack trace --- ||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) ||    at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(CurrentExecutionArgs args).

When we proceed to check with the DSC Log we noticed this 

Warning (LocalDirectory.LocalDirectoryProvider) Exception in background directory reader: The user name or password is incorrect.

The username inserted in the DSC Local Directory was able to log in to the server as a user but however it keep on prompting the Warning message.

Please let us know what are we missing in this error.

Thanks and regards,

Oscar

Labels (4)
3 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@olks

You should only put in a user name and password in connector dialogue if the user running the services does not have access to the local directory. If the user already have the rights, you can get this or similar behavior when running tasks. 

So try taking the username/password out. Go to test and search for users in the local directory you configured. If it is working you should get local users listed.

What version are you using?

olks
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I have tried removing the username/password out leaving the path as in local://<<hostname>> inside but the problem still persists.

The version of my current QV server are 12.10.20600.0.

Please let me know if there is any other information you need.

Thanks.

olks
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@Maria_Halley 

Hi Maria,

If its any help, I found this message while browsing through the Management Service Log file

20220708T130115.102+0800 Information DistributionGroupConfig: No config file C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\DistributionGroups\DistributionGroupDefinition.xml. Clearing settings.

I went to the path stated above and noticed the file was there and the information is similar to what they have in production server.

However, seems like the service could not locate the config file in my DR server.

Thanks.