Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaspsing21
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Can we Lease QlikView Desktop License from QlikSense Cloud

Hi,

I have a situation where I need temporarily QlikView Desktop license and I have Qlik Sense Cloud for some users.

I would like to know if there is any way to lease a license from Qlik Sense Cloud without installing QlikView server to do that.

It may sound weird but when QlikSense cloud can allow uploading QVW file, and it can show that uploaded QVW in Qlik Sense cloud access point then this ask should also be possible.

Thanks,

Jas

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello ,

Unfortunately you will need a licensed QlikView Server in order to lease a license from.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello ,

Unfortunately you will need a licensed QlikView Server in order to lease a license from.
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @jaspsing21,

As @Ray_Strother stated this isn’t possible. If you need a temporary QlikView Desktop license, try contacting your Qlik account manager as they may be able to provide one to you. If you’re not sure who your account manager is, contact Qlik Customer Support or use the Qlik Bot to find out.

Best Regards 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
jaspsing21
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hello Ray,

Thanks for your response. I wish there could be easy way specially customers who moving from QlikView to Qlik Sense and want to use only Qlik Sense QMC but in rare cases if they need to get QlikView desktop license then they could use it. 

Thanks,

Jas

jaspsing21
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your response, account manager did shared the license for QlikView Server but seems there is some restriction now for QlikView Desktop license key. So, we have to install QlikView Server and get lease licenses.

Thanks,

Jaspal