cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powerqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can't login to Access Point from Amazon Server

I have deployed QlikView server on an Amazon EC2 instance and gave it a public DNS name of ec2-xx-xx-xxx-xx.compute-1.amazonaws.com 

When I open the server in Windows 2019 and look for access point under qlikview http://localhost/qlikview/FormLogin.htm it opens up the qlikview access point just fine.  When I get off the server and search for the public DNS name of DNS name of ec2-xx-xx-xxx-xx.compute-1.amazonaws.com  it brings up Windows IIS Server instead.  I believe I have all ports open but if I am missing something, please let me know what ports need to be open.

Do I need to do something in Management Console that I am missing??  My goal is for external users that I have given document CAL permissions to be able to sign on at their home to the DNS name of ec2-xx-xx-xxx-xx.compute-1.amazonaws.com   website which would bring up the qlikview qvd dashboard that they have rights to view

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Amazon EC2 Instance info

Searched Internet (outside of server machine) with the public DNS and it wont open Qlikview Accesspoint

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You need to user c2-52-20-105-10.compute-1.amazonaws.com\qlikview

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You need to user c2-52-20-105-10.compute-1.amazonaws.com\qlikview

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
powerqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Bill!  It was actually just keeping everything as id and adding the \qlikview