Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator

Accesspoint Shows a Square in Edge

Hi,

Some of our users are experiencing a square when opening the accesspoint in Microsoft Edge. It opens fine in Chrome. When opening in Edge, instead of getting the circle indicating that the accesspoint is loading, a square appears and just stays there.

Thanks,

Scott

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @lgtsotrsdh,

What is the version of QlikView Server (e.g. 12.60 SR2)?  What clients are these users using - AJAX or Plugin?  If Plugin, has article Run Microsoft Edge in IE-mode to be able to use QlikView's Internet Explorer plugin  been employed?  Also, can you provide a screen shot which illustrates what the end users are experiencing?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @lgtsotrsdh,

What is the version of QlikView Server (e.g. 12.60 SR2)?  What clients are these users using - AJAX or Plugin?  If Plugin, has article Run Microsoft Edge in IE-mode to be able to use QlikView's Internet Explorer plugin  been employed?  Also, can you provide a screen shot which illustrates what the end users are experiencing?

Best Regards

Albert_Candelario

Hello @lgtsotrsdh ,

I would also suggest to check the Dev Tools of the browser and see if you can spot any error there, either on the console or network tabs. Also if the loading stops at some point to be checked on the same Dev Tools.

Cheers!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator
Author

The version is May 2021 SR1 and we are using the Plugin. It appears that could be causing the problem. I'm having issues troubleshooting it because our IT department just disabled ability to run Edge in IE mode. Working with them to correct that issue. They were actually just able to remove the IE mode from Edge because I can open the accesspoint now but the plugin isn't active.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Ah, so it seems you found the root cause of the issue with IE mode not currently running.  As Edge no longer uses ActiveX, the component that was part of IE and that the Plugin was built around, IE mode is a prerequisite in order to continue using the Plugin.  

lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator
Author

Yeah, it looks like it had something to do with the Plugin. Working with IT to get everything straight on my machine. Thanks for the help everyone.