Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Access point logic inquiry

Dear Qlik Team,
This is Seheon Kim from Miso Infotech.

I have a question about AccessPoint logic.
qvw in the path set in QDS was registered as a task and executed.
The qvw file is updated normally in the QDS settings path, and the qvw file is also registered in the QVS Mounted path.

qwebnm_0-1701334344717.png

qwebnm_1-1701334164575.png

As a result, the updated qvw file will also appear in AccesPoint.
I understand the logic for updating the qvw file in the QDS Settings path, but I'm trying to figure out the logic for updating the QVS Mounted path as well.

When performing operations in QlikView, is there any logic that can be stored in both the QDS and QVS mount paths?
Or is there some other logic for updating apps displayed in AccesPoint?

If possible, please provide guidance on this issue.

thank you.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

The QVW app is reloaded on the QDS folder and then distributed to the QVS mounted folder. Once the reload is successfully completed both files should be updated with the latest information.

Apps distributed to the QVS mounted folder do not contain the script, if any modification is required, you need to modify the file on the QDS folder.

The QDS paths are meant for development, the QVS folders for consumption only.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

The QVW app is reloaded on the QDS folder and then distributed to the QVS mounted folder. Once the reload is successfully completed both files should be updated with the latest information.

Apps distributed to the QVS mounted folder do not contain the script, if any modification is required, you need to modify the file on the QDS folder.

The QDS paths are meant for development, the QVS folders for consumption only.

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you for answer.

When the QVW app is reloaded, the QDS and QVS mounted folder paths are different, but are you saying that both will be distributed and updated?
When you reload the QVW app, there are apps that are updated in the AcessPoint, QDS, and QVS mounted folders, and there is a symptom that only the QDS path is updated.
If you know where to set the settings, please provide guidance.

We share the current process below.

1. The path E:\QV\QA\SourceDocuments is set in QDS.

qwebnm_0-1701391515954.png

2. Register GEHS.qvw in the E:\QV\QA\SourceDocuments path from Document to Task.

qwebnm_1-1701391556781.png

3. Manually execute the GEHS.qvw task and confirm that it is completed normally.

qwebnm_2-1701391578752.png

4. After task completion, the file is registered and updated in E:\QV\QA\SourceDocuments set in QDS.

qwebnm_3-1701391599590.png

5. Files are registered and updated even in the QVS Mounted path where no path is set.

qwebnm_4-1701391729779.pngqwebnm_5-1701391757638.png

6. Afterwards, the app will be updated in AccesPoint as well.

qwebnm_6-1701391780284.png

I think the process up to step 4 is a normal process.
I did not understand the logic behind processes 5 and 6 after process 4.

Can you guide me on this process?
Please reply if possible.

thank you