Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qvandenhoeck
Contributor
Contributor

Access logs to Qlik host on an AWS EC2

Dear,

I am hosting a Qlikview application on an AWS EC2 and I was wondering whether it is possible to have a view on who is accessing the endpoint of my application. Is this something that is logged within my Virtual Machine and if so can you please provide me with the appropriate commands ?

Thank you ! 

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Qvandenhoeck,

You have QlikView Server running on a AWS EC2 virtual server and you are asking about which log to check to see what end users are accessing the QlikView AccessPoint?  If this is not accurate then please do provide greater clarity.

The QlikView Server has 3 main logs - Events, Session, and Performance.  End user sessions are logged in the Sessions log.  End user access attempts and access is logged in the Events log (if High Verbosity is enabled).  By default, the QlikView Server logs are stored in %ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer.  If you have changed the location of the logs, you can verify the location in the QlikView Management Console (QMC) > System > Setup > QlikView Server > QVS@ > Logging tab > Log folder section.

Below is a Qlik Support article, QlikView Help entry and a YouTube video that go into more detail on QV logging

Do you use the QlikView Governance Dashboard? The Sessions tab of the dashboard should have the information you're looking for. If not, highly suggest that you do download and configure it for your environment.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Qvandenhoeck,

You have QlikView Server running on a AWS EC2 virtual server and you are asking about which log to check to see what end users are accessing the QlikView AccessPoint?  If this is not accurate then please do provide greater clarity.

The QlikView Server has 3 main logs - Events, Session, and Performance.  End user sessions are logged in the Sessions log.  End user access attempts and access is logged in the Events log (if High Verbosity is enabled).  By default, the QlikView Server logs are stored in %ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer.  If you have changed the location of the logs, you can verify the location in the QlikView Management Console (QMC) > System > Setup > QlikView Server > QVS@ > Logging tab > Log folder section.

Below is a Qlik Support article, QlikView Help entry and a YouTube video that go into more detail on QV logging

Do you use the QlikView Governance Dashboard? The Sessions tab of the dashboard should have the information you're looking for. If not, highly suggest that you do download and configure it for your environment.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!