Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmnobre
Contributor II
Contributor II

Access Permissions

Good morning,

We have a QV Server setup where we are facing the following issues:

• One specific user can't load a particular document (QV stays loading the document forever, while for other users it works fine)
  • There's one document that is published to a set of users, but nobody can see it

Starting to run out of options, at least within our knowledge on QV... 

Any idea where to look on?

We are running QV Server 12.60.20200.0 (x64), using AD DSC.

Thanks in advance,

José

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @jmnobre !

1. How is the document opened? (AJAX, IE plugin?)
    2. what happens if the user tries on a different browser/pc?
    3. do the logs (QlikView Webserver and QlikView Server) show any error when the document is getting opened?
    4. if you rename the .tshared (or .shared) file associated to the document, is the user able to open the document?¨
    1. can it be that Section access is wrongly configured on the document, and that you have used the option to Filter the document in the Access Point based on Section Access?
    2. if you look in Windows at the permissions on the user document, do they match what you expect?
    3. in the QlikView Distribution Service logs, when it comes to the specific task and distribution report, do you see that the document is correctly distributed to the right set of users?

Cheers!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
jmnobre
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Good morning Daniele,

I'm currently traveling; will be checking your comments and will try to reply later today.

jmnobre
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Daniele,

Finally, returned to base... so, the answers to your questions are:

1a AJAX
1b tested on Chrome+Edge+IE on two computers
1c QlikviewServer audit log: shows 'normal' behavior: loading all triggers, and finally activating a sheet. Then is not logging anymore and document stays in loading-mode.
1d I changed the name, and a new one was created, but could not open.
2i We don't use section access in the document

2ii all according to expectations

2iii no errors...

In attach I added some screenshots of the issue...

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi  @jmnobre !

For the 1st issue: what happens if the user tries to access the document in a Desktop client using File ---> Open In Server ?

For the 2nd issue: what happens if you try to give access to a set of user accounts instead of a group? Are those users able to see the document?

Thanks!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.