Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shimazaki
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Access Denied. Membership of local security groups is missing. Please refer to the manual for more information.

I accidentally deleted an account with administrator privileges of QVS from Windows users and lost the user information to access QMC.

Therefore, when I try to access the QMC, the following error message appears.

"Access Denied. Membership of local security groups is missing. Please refer to the manual for more information."

So, I checked the following post, When I navigate to Local Users and Groups > Groups in the Computer Management window, I do not see the QlikView Administrators group.

Solved: Access Denied. Membership of local security groups... - Qlik Community - 1123860

Is there any information on the standard administrator user in such a case?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Maybe you haven't the right access rights to see this group and someone with domain rights respectively appropriate group policy rights might help you.

Beside the above - if the group isn't really there you may have they also deleted and in this case you could try to create a new one with the right name and add there the wanted users. I have no ideas which properties might be set behind this group but it should be worth a try because otherwise it you may need to re-install the server.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe you haven't the right access rights to see this group and someone with domain rights respectively appropriate group policy rights might help you.

Beside the above - if the group isn't really there you may have they also deleted and in this case you could try to create a new one with the right name and add there the wanted users. I have no ideas which properties might be set behind this group but it should be worth a try because otherwise it you may need to re-install the server.

shimazaki
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

@marcus_sommer 

Thank you for your response.

I created a new group QlikView Administrators and added the corresponding account as a user, and now I can log in to QMC.