Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marthand
Contributor
Contributor

16gb qlikview document lost server connection in Ajax Mode.

16gb qlikview document lost server connection in Ajax Mode. But working fine in IE. Any thoughts.

I did used below options. Still not much difference.

Handling Timeouts

This is only needed when using very large QlikView documents that return timeouts.

Proceed as follows to handle timeouts:

1. Open the %ProgramFiles%\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewAjax\web.config file in a text editor (for example, Notepad).
    2. Search for the following text:

<httpRuntime requestValidationMode="2.0" />

1. Edit the text so that it becomes:

<httpRuntime requestValidationMode="2.0" executionTimeout="900"/>

1. Save the file.

Enabling ASP.NET

If Microsoft IIS is used as web server, enable ASP.NET to ensure proper operation of the QlikView Server sample pages and the extended functions (for example, QlikView Server tunnel).

Optimizing the Performance

To optimize the performance when running Microsoft IIS and AJAX, turn on compression in the web server.

For information on how to configure IIS 6:

For information on how to configure IIS 7:

2 Replies
mrybalko
Creator II
Creator II

The difference between plugin and ajax in communication way with QlikView Server. Ajax works through web server and plugin connects directly to QlikView Server by qvp protocol.

Do you have tables that visualize 1M+ rows? Try to limit visible number of rows by calculation conditions.

Move web server on separate machine.

Use IIS web server instead of QlikView Web Server.

BTW, what is your server configuration hardware and software?

Not applicable

Hi,

I am also facing same issue, I am having just 500 MB QVW but one dimension has 2,13,523 distinct values. Chart is not loading when am using this dimension. All other dimension with less values are loading properly.

This dimension is loading fine from access point but not from Ajax chrome UI. Please let me know any suggestions to improve the performance to load from UI.

Regards,

Sai Krishna.