Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauline_rqn
Partner - Contributor III

Tabular Reporting - File generated with values of 0

Hi,

When I use the preview function in Excel with the add-in, the generated file is exactly the expected result.

So, I'm trying to generate this file via Report Tasks. I apply the same filters. The file received by email includes values in the dimensions (but not the expected result) and only 0 in the measures.

Every file I generate via Report Tasks (no matter what filters are applied) returns 0.

I tried also to remove the section access : same result.

If someone has an idea/a solution?

Labels (2)
17 Replies
pauline_rqn
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Thank you for your suggestions. My comments: 

• Measures : indeed, I have to apply some selections/variables to see those measures. But when I filter on it (cf. my screenshots in a previous answer), it is not working: BWL fields + vCur + vUnitCurrency. I'll test by removing selections and put directly the name.
  • Always one selected value fields: yes I'm sure. I removed this option because it didn't work via report tasks and, we had an issue to combine dynamic bookmarks and this option.

Regards,

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @pauline_rqn 

I suggest you try and implement a measure which does not require any additional conditional selections, toggles and anything complicated....just old good "sum(Sales)"...

I want you to try to use such measure to remove from the problem the fact that your measure may require some combinations of variables values and field selections to be applied for it to work - which obviously you will have to work out given that we dont have access to your app.

If the simple measure (like sum(Sales)) works then you know that you are simply putting one of the filters wrong.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
pauline_rqn
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz,

I tried to create a new template with a new table. I implemented simple measures : with no variables. It still doens't work. The report is empty.

I will try with the same table but with a "limit load" and no filter, as @JonnyPoole suggested.

pauline_rqn
Author

Hi @JonnyPoole 

I tried with "limited load", simple measures (no variables) and no filter on the report task.

I have the same issue. The report is empty.

pauline_rqn
Author

@JonnyPoole 

I tried with another application. It works. Maybe, do you know if there is an issue according to the size of the application? 

Size app where Report Task OK : 5 Mo

Size app where Report Task KO : 7 Go

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

After using limited load, the app should be much smaller. Try removing one filter at a time to see which filter is causing the issue. 

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Is "Mo" = MB (megabytes) and "Go" = (gigabytes)?   There shouldn't be any size related constraints on the app. If the app is 7GB and you suspect the issue is size related, try a limited load to make it smaller and then remove the filters one by one.  Ensure no field has 'always one selected value' turned on.

pauline_rqn
Author

I already tried "limited load" with no filter. And it's not working.

So, I decided to rebuild a template. Now, it works whereas it is exactly the same. I suspect an issue in the template but it is impossible to know where.

Sorry for all this time spent trying to resolve the problem.

Thank you