Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauline_rqn
Partner - Contributor III

Tabular Reporting - File generated with values of 0

Hi,

When I use the preview function in Excel with the add-in, the generated file is exactly the expected result.

So, I'm trying to generate this file via Report Tasks. I apply the same filters. The file received by email includes values in the dimensions (but not the expected result) and only 0 in the measures.

Every file I generate via Report Tasks (no matter what filters are applied) returns 0.

I tried also to remove the section access : same result.

If someone has an idea/a solution?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pauline_rqn
Author

I already tried "limited load" with no filter. And it's not working.

So, I decided to rebuild a template. Now, it works whereas it is exactly the same. I suspect an issue in the template but it is impossible to know where.

Sorry for all this time spent trying to resolve the problem.

Thank you

View solution in original post

17 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Does the report execute correctly through a report task when there are NO filters applied? 

pauline_rqn
Author

The application is too big to execute the report without filter. I have the error "Send failed: Could not generate".

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Are you applying the filter at the user level, task level or both? Try task level only for now.   Is the filter a 'values' filter, 'evaluate' filter, or 'search' filter?   Please share a screenshot of the filter definition, your recipients tab, and the tabs in the report task. Maybe we can see something askew.  

pauline_rqn
Author

I apply the filter at the task level only. All filters are a "values" filter.

Filter def:

pauline_rqn_0-1708330893251.pngpauline_rqn_1-1708330920644.png

Recipients tab:

pauline_rqn_2-1708331017955.png

Report tasks:

pauline_rqn_3-1708331073485.png

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

It looks like you've created a single 'filter group' with 10 separate filters inside. Do you have any idea if the filter works when it only includes a subset of the filters? I was thinking just one bad filter could cause the problem you are encountering and because you have to define them in the filter definition vs. just select them (when you do a preview with the plugin) there must be a nuance in one or more of the filter definitions. 

My suggestion would be to simply remove 1 filter at a time until you get a working result. This approach will allow you to hone in on the bad filter(s).    Since your app is large and you mentioned the report doesn't work when its unfiltered, I'm not sure if you will be able to perform this approach as even a semi-filtered test may yield the same problem.  If the size of the app is a problem to do this sort of testing, consider duplicating the app and doing a 'limited load' via the DEBUG editor so that the app contains less data and you can more easily test out all the filter combinations without worrying about the app being too large for the report to work in an unfiltered or semi-filtered way.  

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @pauline_rqn 

I dont think this is the issue but I think it is worth mentioning: do yo uhave any "always one selected value" fields which may be hidden? Those are often used for navigation or UI toggles etc and with tabular reporting all those fields must have filter applied as well

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
pauline_rqn
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Thank you for your help. I had 3 fields with this option and I removed them because I didn't receive email. By removing them, I receive the report but empty!

pauline_rqn
Author

I already removed 1 by 1 filter to test, and the result is the same. But I will try with a "limited load" as you suggest. I'll let you know if it works.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @pauline_rqn 

This is quite strange behaviour you are describing. Lets just break it down to the required level.

• your measures - are those measures in any form or shape toggleable - do you apply any selections or variables or buttons to see those measures. Those toggles would include any UI sheet actions or default bookmark triggers?
  • those always one selected value fields - are you sure there is no need to have a selection on them for the measures to work correctly - typically that is the reason whe create such toggle fields. If that is the case maybe there is a need to apply also filter on those fields to replicate the same behaviour as user would get when looking at the app?

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.