Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jon_Donker
Creator
Creator

QR: Initial load file naming convention

Hi All,

For a GCS bucket; can we give the initial load file LOAD000000001.dfm a different name; possibly putting the current date and time in the file name?

Eg 

LOAD_20240325T084500.dfm

Or can this only be done by a post processing command?

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @Jon_Donker ,

Thank you for reaching out to Qlik Community.

Could you try "gcloud storage mv" command with the "post processing command"? Please find this article link for reference.

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @Jon_Donker ,

Thank you for reaching out to Qlik Community.

Could you try "gcloud storage mv" command with the "post processing command"? Please find this article link for reference.

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
john_wang
Support
Support

Hi @Jon_Donker ,

Besides @DesmondWOO comments, from theory it's doable for any file target endpoint. However I do not think include the timestamp into the file name is a good idea, eg

LOAD_20240325T084500.dfm

The challenge is the file name maybe duplicate and overwrite with each other if more than file generated in the same second. I'd like to suggest to use the sequence number which is generated by Qlik Replicate.

Hope this helps.

John.

Jon_Donker
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks - I will forward this info to our developers and see if they have any further questions.