Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sush_1
Partner - Contributor III

Postgres endpoint Error

Hi Team,

I am trying to connect postgres database to qlik replicate. getting postgre odbc driver error that is libpd.dll not found. besides I have followed all the perquisites for connecting this endpoint. attaching screenshot of error msg.

14 Replies
sush_1
Author

HI John ,

1. Now I am able  to connect with the database also connection is successful. I tried to replicate the table by creating task and got the error of failed to create replication slot.

2. I also  checked for wal_level in psql configuration  file and it is already set to logical.

3. Attaching the error msg screenshot

Regards,

Sushant

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello Sushant @sush_1 ,

Good news. The connectivity issue looks like a configuration issue eg PATH settings, or restart service etc. 

Regarding the new error, please follow the Server Side setup steps, take note to restart PostgreSQL services after save the settings changes.

BTW, you may try to create a slot manually to troubleshoot the issue by using the same account connect to PostgreSQL, for example:

SELECT lsn FROM pg_create_logical_replication_slot('testslot', 'test_decoding');

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
sush_1
Author

Hi John ,

I am done with the server side setup steps and also restarted the server. Although I have set the wal_level to logical, still the above query you send results to that logical decoding requires wal_levels = logical.

Attaching screenshots for your reference.

Regards ,

Sushant

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello Sushant @sush_1 ,

From the picture you did not set wal_level correctly:

#wal_level = logical

This line is commented out.  You need remove the prefix "#". It's the same for other parameters.

BTW, if you need further assistance please choose this article closed by "Accept as Solution" as the original issue fixed. Open a new one to make articles clear.

Thank you,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
sush_1
Author

Hi John, 

Thank you so much for your continuous support.

Regards, 

Sushant