cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ugoaku
Contributor II
Contributor II

MS-CDC

Hello everyone good day and hope your weekend was eventful? I would like to ask a quick question?

1. I currently have MS replication enabled on an SQL database connected to Qlik for replication. The SQL database admin has suggested that they want to enable MS-CDC on the database to see how they can monitor activities. What will you advise under this situation? Because I am not sure that MS-CDC and MS Replication can coexist at the same time?
  2. Or would enabling change data capture for specific tables be ideal though MS-Replication is enabled?

Thanks

5 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @ugoaku ,

Welcome to Qlik Community forum and thanks for reaching out here!

IN short, MS-CDC and MS Replication can coexist at the same time, the detailed comparison can be found at MS_REPLICATION vs MS-CDC.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
ugoaku
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks John for the feedback. Some tests have been done as in trying to generate a local replication transaction in an sql db and the target table was updated successfully.

Cheers. 

ugoaku
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi John

I am not clear on this line. Can you shed more light?

ugoaku_0-1701777838061.png

pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Hi @ugoaku 

Both methods reads TLOG information and execute sp_repldone to marks replicated records, but it can be owned only by one of the methods, then you need to avoid concurrency setting up skipMscdcJobFitnessCheck .

Get more details at https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Replicate-task-message-Failed-in-MS-CDC...

[],

Pedro

ugoaku
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks @pedrobergo . Much appreciated.