Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sush_1
Partner - Contributor III

Error while connecting to redshift target.

Hi Team,

I am getting below error while connecting to the redshift target.

• SYS-E-DESERIALERR, Failed to deserialize json to type BrowseConnectionAsyncReq: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: {. Path 'db_info.db_settings.s3Region', line 1, position 282..
  • SYS,DESERIALIZE_TO_TYPE,BrowseConnectionAsyncReq,Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: {. Path 'db_info.db_settings.s3Region', line 1, position 282

While I am able to connect from production server. since this is poc instance for redshift. I need to connect it from the Poc server but I am getting above error.

please help us to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Sushant

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @sush_1,

If your issue has been resolved, kindly click "Accept as Solution" button for the corresponding post. This will help other users identify the solution.

Thanks,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @sush_1 ,

Thanks for opening the article!

Please check @Heinvandenheuvel comment in article SYS-E-DESERIALER Error while connecting to Redshift target to see if it helps. BTW, you may new a DSN to connect to the Redshift to cross check if any special chars (especially password contains special chars etc) cause the error.

Good luck,

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
sush_1
Author

Hi John,

I am able to connect the same redshift cluster from other server.

Getting same error when I am trying to POC server. Unable find out the reason behind it.

Please help us to solve the issue.

Regards,

Sushant

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @sush_1 ,

Thanks for the feedback.

Great to hear we have a good sample for comparison between the two environments:

1- In Replicate server, please compare the difference, include software versions, and configurations.

2- In Redshift side, please make sure both Replicate servers are allowed to access.

BTW, defining a new 64-bit ODBC DSN to try to connect to Redshift is much easier to troubleshoot the connectivity issue.

Regards,

John.

sush_1
Author

Hi John,

I have connected successfully with the redshift data connection by New DSN.

But still I am getting same error while connecting from the replicate.

Regards,

Sushant

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @sush_1 ,

Thank you so much for the update.

Please open a support ticket and provide below information:

1- ODBC DSN definition.

2- Set Replicate Server component SERVER to Verbose, test the endpoint connectivity and provide Replicate server log file (repsrv.log under logs subfolder).

john_wang_0-1695880983420.png

Regards,

John.

sush_1
Author

Hi John, 

We are able to test the connection successfully.

Thank you.

Regards

Sushant

DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @sush_1,

If your issue has been resolved, kindly click "Accept as Solution" button for the corresponding post. This will help other users identify the solution.

Thanks,
Desmond