Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III

Task execution failed in Qlik NPrinting.

Hi, we are generating report in Qlik NPrinting. We configured all the task and its working fine. Every task will reload and complete within 2 or 3 mins. 

Last week, suddenly few task keep on running and not completed. So I abort the task and restarted the Qlik NPrinting server and reload the task working fine. 

Again today, faced the same issue and  again I restarted the server its working fine. 

How to find the root cause? What are all the things need to check? Please suggest. 

Using latest Version only May 2023. 

Labels (3)
15 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Check the following article remove the enable push from server option in the QVW.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/NPrinting-diminished-execution-time-with-QVP...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @Frank_S Let me check. Question we have more no of QVW files and task. Whether I need to do for all one by one ? Or how it works? I think, this document properties based on particular QVW file only. please suggest. 

Frank_S
Support
Support

You should check each individual QVW in your environment that is used with NPrinting reporting.

There is no API or global setting in the QMC to make this change. 

So again to be clear:

You must update each QVW individually and as shown in the article.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @Frank_S Sure I will check.  This error statement "Enable Push from Server is enabled. This option is incompatible with NPrinting Server and Cluster connections and can cause severe delays." occurs for more task on daily basis. 

But all the day I'm not facing this issue, only Tuesday morning i'm facing the issue. From 2 weeks logs, I found this statement "Obsolete allocation message rejected before requesting the lock." 

Already pasted that in previous chat. Any suggestion? 

Meanwhile I will monitor for this week. Thanks. 

Frank_S
Support
Support

Some errors are normal. This particular error could mean that there are no processes available to handle a request and will try again.

Suggest you follow the previous advice and focus less on specific errors that may not be related to the issue you are concerned with.

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @Frank_S Thanks. Sure I will check. Based on your comments, today i checked my logs. In that I have noticed one thing, 

This error "Enable Push from Server is enabled. This option is incompatible with NPrinting Server and Cluster connections and can cause severe delays." it comes for only one QVW task.  But daily this QVW task is running and its showing the same error. 

Today Tuesday, I monitored and we didn't faced any issue. Not sure on next Tuesday.