Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TPoismans
Partner - Contributor III

Sync between Qlik Sense Enterprise and Qlik NPrinting

Hi all

I have a published QS application that's being reloaded every morning. The reload finishes around 05:15 local time.
I have a Qlik NPrinting report based on that application that generates the report at 06:20 local time.

Issue at hand is that the report at 06:20 does not contain the latest data.
If I run the report again at a later time, without reloading the Qlik Sense app, reloading any meta data,... the report does contain the latest data.

I'm baffled how  this is possible.
Is there any kind of delay between QS Enterprise en Qlik NPrinting? Can I resolve the issue if I schedule a metadata reload task?
Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,
Tim P.

Labels (2)
7 Replies
PrashantSangle

This is strange. If your qlik dashboard refresh complete at 5:15 then at 5:16 if run associated nprinting report then it will contain latest data.

Can you share below details

1: Nprinting version?

2: Qlik Sense version

3: Log of Qlik Sense dashboards

Note: I assumed that your both (qlik & nprinting servers ) are hosted in same data centre with same time zone.

Regards,

Prashant Sangle

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
TPoismans
Author

1. NPrinting version: Qlik NPrinting June 2020 SR1 (20.19.5.0)

2. Qlik Sense Version: Qlik Sense November 2023 Patch 8 (14.159.13)

3.If you mean the reload log of the QS app in question, I've added the reload log of this morning. Any monitoring apps are currently not running on the server.

Both servers are hosted by our client in the same centre with the same time zone.

I can fairly certain say the version disparity isn't causing the issue, as it has been happening before we updated the Qlik Sense Enterprise server. (Updating Qlik NPrinting isn't a priority issue for the client, as reports are still being generated and distributed, so we aren't allowed to do so at this point in time.)

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @TPoismans 

Very basic thing is to make sure you meet all requirement. If you dont meet them you cannot guarantee proper functionality. It sometimes may or may not work.

Your configuration is unsupported!!!.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2020/Content/NPrinting/Introduction/Introduction.htm

Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1715676191960.png

Upgrade your NPrinting to supported version. Ensure you are running compatible version to your Qlik Sense. 

Once you do that test again and see if issue persists as currently there is no point testing. 

cheers

by the way - navigate to https://help.qlik.com and study help site for the version of NPrinting you are using. Here you have example of supported configuration for Feb 2024 version:https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-req...

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1715675922856.png

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I will also add to my previous comment - We as Qlik partners are "the Police" and we should ensure clients NEVER run unsupported configurations. It is our job to pay attention to requirements and advice clients what they can or cannot install. There is no excuse there.

If client is not agreeing to NPrinting upgrade then the same client cannot expect you to do miracles and make NPrinting working when running unsupported configuration. Since the configuration is unsupported I would also double check and make sure all other requirements are met - those are all listed in the same help docuement I provided above and should be done as priority.

Lastly - yes - regenerating metadata may be a "band-aid" - but again this is not guaranteed in not supported configuration. It may sometimes work and sometimes it may not.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
TPoismans
Author

The issue already happened before we updated the Qlik Sense server and the config was supported.

That said, I double checked based on your comment and other requirements are met.

Other requirements are met (just double checked).
We updated the Qlik Sense server on request because of a security issue (which was for an older version of Qlik Sense that had long been updated).

I'll reiterate the importance of upgrading the Qlik NPrinting server to a supported configuration and as long as we can't, we won't be able to properly solve the issue.

Thanks for the info and I'll keep this thread updated.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @TPoismans 

As partners we must inform clients about the situation. 

If there was requirement to upgrade Qlik Sense in the past, then we shoueld have looked at the whole thing and say; "If you want to upgrade Qlik Sense you will also have to upgrade NPrinting".

As you say:

• Inform client about required NPrinting upgrade
  • Inform your client that under current setup there is no Qlik support
    • for any Qlik support they will need to run supported configuration
  • once you do that you can then start troubleshooting issue (if that issue is still there)

good luck

TPoismans
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Long story short: It was mentioned at the time of upgrade, but the IT manager decided to ignore the NPrinting upgrade as it was not part of the security memo received. It was then escalated, and with the current issue at hand, it's finally being handled.

As said before, I'll keep the thread updated and mark the appropiate answers as correct when my issue is solved.